Wintermodus für Getriebe

• Da es ja draußen immer kälter wird und der Winter Einzug hält.

Es gibt ja im Niro keinen Wintermodus für das Getriebe (zumindest sehe ich kein Schneesymbol).

Erkennt der Niro das automatisch?

Ist schon jemand auf Schnee gefahren?

Bei Eis und Schnee manuell im 2. Gang anfahren?

Ganz vorher: HEV, Spirit, ADA, Leder, schwarz, EZ 11/16, MD2017 "Robert"

Vorher: PHEV, Spirit, Leder, blau, EZ 04/21, MD2020 "Niro"

Seit 11/22: PHEV, Spirit, P5,P6, grau EZ 11/22, MD2023 "Derrick"

PV Anlage mit 15kW Peak, 11kWh Speicher

2x Wallbox Heidelberg Control

• Der Niro fährt mit etwas Gefühl im rechten Bein auch am Berg rein elektrisch und ultra soft an.
    Ich sehe da keine Notwendigkeit für einen extra Wintermode oder andere Tricks.

launige Grüße

seit dem 27.5.2020 e-Niro Spirit 64kWh Graphit mit Leder,MY2020, hergestellt am 4.3.2020
    Go-e Charger

vorher D- MY 2017 HEV Spirit
    Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite 5G.....PV Anlage 4,68kWp seit 10.3.2007
    pMY 64 test

• Wird das nicht durch den E-Motor noch softer? Der hat ja eh nicht so viel Power. Kombiniert mit guten Winterschuhen sollte das doch passen. Aber ich freue mich auf den ersten Schnee und werde aus dem Bergischen berichten :)

VG,
    Typpes

Gruß,
    Typpes

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Niro Vision HEV / Vision Plus / 16" / MY17-DE // Auroraschwarz Metallic

• Der E-Motor hat nicht so viel Leistung, aber das Drehmoment liegt sofort an. Und das würde die Reifen dann durchdrehen lassen.

Andererseits gebe ich Laun Recht, wenn man einfach auf "D" von der Bremse geht rollt er ja auch schon weich an.

Deshalb bin ich mal auf einen Praxisbericht gespannt, auch was das ESP Regelverhalten betrifft. Wenn es feucht ist, drehen ja auch schon mal die Räder beim Anfahren durch.

• @fullkoll

Bei euch liegt doch bestimmt schon Schnee. Wie fährt sich der Niro unter diesen Bedingungen?

• @fullkoll

Bei euch liegt doch bestimmt schon Schnee. Wie fährt sich der Niro unter diesen Bedingungen?

Yes, we have some snow here in the north of Sweden but not a lot, but the cold weather is here - this morning minus 23 where I live......

I drive my Niro in the same way I always do and it works without problems. I use my electrical warmer a few hours in the morning (warming both me and the engine) and the real difference is that the petrol engine starts at once every time, which it doesn´t in warmer weather of course.

If snow has fallen during the night and the streets have been cleared, there is absolute no problem driving at around 5 l/100km in spite of the snow and the cold weather.
    When I am on my way, the electrical engine runs the car in the same way it does in warmer weather.

The other day there was around 20 cm wet snow still on the road and on the 100 km I drove in those conditions, it showed 6l/100km.
    In the evening I returned home on the same way after it had been cleared and when I got home I was back to 5,4..... in a warm and cosy car.

As you can see here in the left column (Spritmonitor) I am now on 5.0 totally after more than 2500 km in all weather conditions!

So, all in all I am very happy with my Niro! So far.......

/Kjell

2021 KIA Niro DE/Facelift, white, produced 12/2020
    SR 205x60xR16 Michelin Energy Saver on KIA original rims
    WR 205x60xR16 Kuhmo Winter Craft Ice (with studs) on Alutec Ikenu rims
    From Sweden -

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von fullkoll ()

• Thanks for your Information.

Could you tell us more about the handling on snow, traction, wheel spin, ESP behaviour, oversteering - understeering...?

• It is easiest for me to compare the Niro to my latest front drive BMWs: 218i Active Tourer and 218d Gran Tourer.
    In many ways they are very similar: neutral in balance and steering. Comfortable, safe, well equipped, high quality interior, good fuel economy. All of this is actually the main reasons why I bought the Niro! And to get all that for a bargain price is not bad.
    I did not want to spend the same amount of money on the car when I retired and the Niro fits perfect in that sense.

I am (normally) not a speed monster and the way the traffic is up here you can drive in your own speed without a lot of fellow drivers interfering with your driving. A stress free driving ;)

I don´t think I have ever seen the ESP indicator blink at all in normal driving on the Niro - I don´t even know where it is, but.... as with the BMWs, I have to turn it off when there is a lot of snow on the driveway up to my yard - otherwise I will get stuck.
    That´s normal and has nothing to do with the sort of car I drive.

The brakes takes some time getting used to. That has to do with the braking taking part in the battery loading of course. BMW has some sort of system for recovering energy too, but you don´t notice that at all.

The new 218d is one of the best engines I have ever driven and I am not going to compare it with the KIA on the same day....... Not a surprise, though! The 3 cylinder petrol engine in the 218i is a very good engine as well.

Drivning on a normal winter road with some snow left, the Niro is very well balanced and makes me feel safe. The tires are very important here of course and the Kuhmos (with spikes) I have on the Niro, feels as good and safe as the Finnish Nokians I had on my BMWs.

As for over/understeering the keyword is: neutral! (as the BMWs), but then I still haven´t driven it with 100 liters of Mosel Wine in the back - that will happen in our trip to Germany in the summer ;)

/Kjell

2021 KIA Niro DE/Facelift, white, produced 12/2020
    SR 205x60xR16 Michelin Energy Saver on KIA original rims
    WR 205x60xR16 Kuhmo Winter Craft Ice (with studs) on Alutec Ikenu rims
    From Sweden -

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von fullkoll ()

• Ich konnte die Tage mal einen ersten Test auf einer dünnen Schneedecke am Berg machen. Das läßt sich eigentlich ganz gut anfahren.

Erst hält der Bergassistent, dann rollt er sanft los, bzw man gibt noch behutsam Gas hinzu.

Wenn man mal extra draufdrückt, zeigt sich dann auch, wo die ESP Lampe verbaut ist... :D

Bin weiterhin sehr zufrieden, auch nach 4500 km.